When you decide to grab a bite, it is difficult to ignore the look in your dog’s eyes when he sees you eating something without him. If you want to spoil your dog occasionally, you will be glad to know that there are a variety of dog-friendly companies out there that have secret items on their menu specifically designed for dogs. For your dog’s health and wellbeing, you should not over-feed him or allow him to indulge in unhealthy treats on a regular basis. However, unless your veterinarian has given you a warning, there is little harm in giving your dog a little treat once in a while.
Top Dog-Friendly Companies
- Starbucks - The next time you stop at Starbucks for a Frappuccino, ask for a Puppuccino. The Puppuccino is simply a small cup filled with whipped cream for your dog. Keep in mind that some dogs have sensitive stomachs when it comes to dairy, so avoid this treat if your dog is lactose intolerant.
- Shake Shack - When you decide to go for a milkshake at Shake Shack, take your dog with you! This establishment has an assortment of custom desserts designed for dogs like the Pooch-ini, which is made with vanilla custard, peanut butter, and dog biscuits.
- Johnny Rockets - This popular chain restaurant offers specialized dog-friendly items at some of their locations. Some options include doggie hamburgers, ice cream, and pupcakes. All locations are also dog friendly on their outdoor patios and will provide water for dogs.
- In-N-Out - This hamburger restaurant has a special dog-friendly option – it consists of two hamburger patties with two slices of cheese. This item should not become part of your dog’s regular diet, but it is okay for an occasional treat.
- W Hotels - This hotel chain is luxurious and enjoyable for pets as well as people. At W Hotels, you will receive a pet welcome packet that includes a toy, a treat, a tag and clean-up bags. If you join the PAW (Pets are Welcome) program, you will also get a custom pet bed, as well as food and water bowls.
- Tim Hortons - Tim Hortons is a great place to go for a donut and a cup of coffee – it is also great for dogs. This chain offers plain Timbits (donut holes) for dogs – they are just regular Timbits without sugar on them.
- Dairy Queen - A cool, creamy Blizzard is the perfect treat for a hot day and your dog can enjoy a frozen treat right alongside you. Just ask for a Pup Cup and you will receive a small serving of vanilla soft serve in a cup for your dog.
- Culver’s - Another ice cream establishment, Culver’s is known for its fresh-made frozen custard. Ask for a treat for your dog and you will receive a small scoop of vanilla ice cream with a milk bone in it.
The next time you decide to indulge in a treat or go out to dinner, consider taking your dog with you! These are just a few of the many dog-friendly companies out there. Tell us about your favorites in the comments section below!
Photo ©iStock.com/ ChristinLola