Pet parents do not like to exclude their pets from anything, and this is especially true when it comes time to go shopping. Fortunately, several big-name brands understand this and have made their stores dog friendly in order to better accommodate customers with furry friends.
If you want to take your pup shopping, head to one of these chains for a dog-friendly experience that everyone can enjoy (listed in alphabetical order for ease of reference):
- Abercrombie and Fitch: For the stylish dog-lovers of the bunch, Abercrombie and Fitch is dog-friendly and offers fashion-forward people a fun way to shop with their pups.
- Ann Taylor Loft: Going on vacation? Let Fido help you pick out the perfect shirt for your tropical excursion.
- Barnes and Noble: Perfect for the sophisticated pooch, Barnes and Noble offers a wide variety of books and a pet-friendly environment.
- Bass Pro Shops: Going fishing? Fido wants to come and when you take him or her to Bass Pro Shops, your dog can pick out his own lure and reel.
- Bath and Body Works: Dogs love it when you smell nice and, when you take your pooch into Bath and Body Works, you will get your pup’s honest opinion about that pumpkin room spritz you were contemplating.
- Half Price Books: If you ever wanted your pup to bone up (pun intended) on his reading skills, take him into Half Price Books. The store is dog friendly, which means you can browse the paperbacks with your pooch in peace.
- Hallmark: Do you have a friend that loves dogs as much as you do? Swing in to pick up a dog-themed birthday card with your favorite pooch in tow.
- Hobby Lobby: Perfect for the pet parent that likes arts and crafts, Hobby Lobby is a dog-friendly establishment that is happy to welcome pups into the mix.
- Home Depot: In the market for home improvement? Take your pup into Home Depot to help you pick out your newest backsplash or faucets.
- Macy’s: Not only are the stores dog friendly, but also they often support local animal charities, like the SPCA.
- Michaels: Get crafty in Michaels and take your pooch in to pick out a fun new DIY project. Maybe designer dog bowls are calling your name?
- Pottery Barn: Dogs love home furnishings, too, and when you take your pup to Pottery Barn, you can pick out the new throw pillows together.
- Ross: At Ross, you can dress for less and your pup can enjoy smelling everything the racks have to offer. This chain is dog friendly and pups might even get a treat for showing up.
- Sephora: If you are in need of some new cosmetics, do not hesitate to bring your pup when you swing into Sephora. The company welcomes dogs.
- Tiffany & Co: Diamonds are a dog’s best friend and Tiffany & Co is happy to welcome your canine companion into their stores.
Regardless of what you are in the market for, it is a safe bet that one of these chain stores has it and, to sweeten the deal, you should be able to bring your dog to every one of them. We suggest calling ahead to confirm, as individual store policies may differ.
Important Message: Please take a read of Heat Stroke in Dogs 101 and lets make sure our dogs are not put at risk from this completely preventable condition when you shop.