My 10 year old 16 lb terrier mix has had a sneezing problem for the last 6 months. Do you have any suggestions for what could cause this?
The vet has tried several tests, various meds, a nasal probe done. She is in a good mood with a good appetite.
Welcome to Lovepets and thanks for your question.
Sorry to hear about your dogs problem, hopefully I can help in some way.
Sneezing is generally caused by one of the following :
1) Infection (viral, fugal, bacterial etc)
2) Upper airway obstruction / Foreign body such as grass seeds, nasal growths, collapsing trachea etc
3) Allergies (Allergic rhinitis)
4) inhaling irritants such as dust, perfumes etc
5) Reverse sneezing (quite often seen in Terriers but perhaps less likely if only just starting now)
How often does your dog sneeze?
Is the sneeze related to an event? excitement, waking up etc?
When you mention nasal probe, do you mean endoscopy?
| 01.27.16 @ 18:03